Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM MWI for virtual

Status
Not open for further replies.

grh959

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
US
I have seen this done but can't remember how.

Station 3040 (prime line) has a VM box and works normally including MW lamp.

virtual 2240 on button 2 has seperate vm box and it needs light the line key when there is a vm meesage in the vm box.

Any takers?

Not uber familiar with the Octel. more of an AVST kind of guy. but I would set up a notification to a pager or cell phone if I was having problems with a MWI

but on the switch side try this
AKYD
KYI= 2
KD= 2 (DSS Key instead of a Multi line app)
TN= X
STN = 2240
RG = 7

Regards,

Dr VuDu

I don't know Octel VM, but with my Centigram (now Mitel but not as good!!) I would build a "distribution list" for VMbox for virtual to "distribute" the message to the VMbox of the prime line (3040). The VM would then light x3040's light and a copy of the message would be in x3040's box. I would set the message retention to a very short time (1 or 2 days) so the vertual's VMbox would never fill up. If this is not desireable, I have used "message delivery" feature to dial the virtual (or any number I choose) and when answered the VM will say "Hello mailbox xxxx, please enter your passcode". Thats how I notify analogs and off prems.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think we are in the right diredtion as I am looking at some sort of boss/ secretary functionality but on the secretary's phone I want the boss's line to blink or go solid when there is a voice mail message. I am positive I have seen this done on a 2400. I can do it with a 2000 no problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back