Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM lite IP403

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean2E30

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2008
US
I've been following the manual for setting up voicemail emails for my IP403. The manual does mention that VM lite can send the emails but later states that the PRO version needs to be installed.

The manual also doesn't mention how the Voicemail Server has to have internet access. I have my voicemail server setup with a static IP address and it is connected to one of the lan ports on the IP403 switch. I was thinking about putting another network card in the machine and connecting it to the internet. Or should I just connect the phone switch to the internet?

VM Lite will only send via MAPI. So you will need to install some thing like outlook.

It does work. Just a bit of a pain if the user is logged off. Outlook not running.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

So how do I associate it to outlook? I have an email account setup already, but I'm not sure how to link the VM lite to outlook.

Because VM lite is runs as an application, it runs as the logged on user - e.g. Voicemail.

You need to create an email account with the linked Windows account as <mydomain>\user (assuming you are using excahnge). Set outlook up with that account on the voicemail pc, logged in as voicemail.

However, with outlook, you will get an message box - "outlook is trying to send a message" or similar. You can use the MAPI setup (FAQ on this site) or an application "clickyes"

My preferred solution is to use outlook express, and connect that to exchange as an SMTP connection

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

faq940-4343 shows how to bypass the outlook security warning

Take Care

Matt

Thanks! I was able to get the email server to work without the use of the clickyes application (it had very little documentation and didn't want to work). So long as your email client (outlook express) is set according to the Avaya voicemail email instructions you only need to go to the security tab under the options window and uncheck "warn me when other applications try to send mail as me" and you're good to go.

So long as your email client (outlook express) is set according to the Avaya voicemail email instructions you only need to go to the security tab under the options window and uncheck "warn me when other applications try to send mail as me" and you're good to go

That is the very reason I tend to use Outlook Express.

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back