Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM indicator on seperate phone - Message retrieval denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

orie

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
Definity G3csi & Intuity:

I am trying to get one phone's "voice mail" light to display on another phone. I got the "aut-msg-wt" set up on the station to point to the target station (the one I want to display), however, it does not light up. If I press the button, it says "Message Retrieval Denied". I have forgotten how to allow the access.

Thanks!

There may be other ways but I know that if you set the station on which you wish to have the aut-msg-wt button to retrieve LWC (change system-parameters features) and set the LWC reception on the other station screen to msa-spe or audix that the light will work.

Perfect. Thats just what I needed!

You need to make sure tboth phones are set up on the same switch on your voicemail system. I think there might be another setting somewhere but it is slipping my mind as to where.

Jose

Could this also work to light the a lamp from a voice mail that was left for an ACD group?
Thanks
Rex

Jep, that'll work. Just put in the Voicemailbox's extension.

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back