Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM greeting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
Got a customer who wants to simplify the ability to change a greeting. They want to have 2 greetings recorded, i.e. greeting1 and greeting2 and be able to switch between them easily via a module or something. Ideally have the salespeople dial into a module and press 1 for their main greeting or press 2 for there 2nd greeting. I am just not seeing a way to do this. They only have about 10 employees.
Mike

What type of voicemail? What version?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

user variable to switch between them but you would need a leave point with unique programming for the mailboxes to be able to make it work.
lots of work for you but if they pay for the work, go for it.

Joe W.

FHandw, just expired ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I was looking at the user variable but could not see where I need to program to get the choice between greetings for the mailboxes.

Doesn't Intuity have this ability built in?

| ACSS SME |

yes they have the ability to change between greetings but the customer (PITA) wants to simplify it for their sales people. hopefully down to 1 for main greeting or 2 for secondary greeting for each user. They don't want to have to select option 3 for personal greeting then option 1for greeting number then 1 for all call then *# to save. Too many steps for sales people.

I can set that up in half an hour.
Use user variables, $TARGET, $CLI and adjust the Leave and Collect call flow of the users.

I could do it too if it was hunt groups, I just don't see how to select the greeting from the user mailbox to be played. Nothing I see shows a way to play 2 different greetings for the mailbox other then when the users goes it their MB an tells it to play greeting 1 or 2. I don;t see a way to select which greeting dependent on a user variable.
Mike

Use can a empty huntgroup to set with a button in Nightservice. Create a VMPRO module or use the leave option to check the status of the huntgroep. Status Huntgroup in service then Message1 status huntgroup Nightservice then Message2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back