Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM box not created when new user added 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahorn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2001
US
IPOffice Manager 5.2(61)
IP 403 system 3.2(61)
VM Pro 3.2(36) (I think)

I am trying to create a new "phantom user" in IP Office manager. I have an existing one at Extn199 that works fine. When I try to create one at Extn198 the VM account is not created. When I dial 198 is goes to my own VM. If I dial 198 from another extension it goes to that extensions VM. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ashley

Is 198 used somewhere else? Are you saving it when you create it? you can check in
c\program files\Avaya\IP Office\voicemailpro\Vm\accounts to see if it is created.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

198 is not used anywhere else. I can create the user in manager but the associated VM folders under c\program files\Avaya\IP Office\voicemailpro\Vm\accounts are not created.

Ashley Horn
AACE

Just for fun, restart the VMPro service and see if the account is then created.
Mike

Well, I restarted the VMPro service and it did not create the account. However, I then noticed that I had deleted the user so I created the user again after restarting VM pro and it worked that time. So, thanks for the point in the right direction. I need to use this forum more often.

Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back