Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM 7 Dials Out 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2001
US
On our system, some people have thier VM setup so that a person can hit 7 and it dials out to their cell phone or whatever number.
I looked in my manuals but cant find how to configure that on a phone.

How do you do that?

Thanks!
Martin

Just log into the mailbox. When it comes up and tells you how many messages are in the box, press 8 then 8 to configure the outbound transfer. Press admin, enter the destination phone number, press ok. Screen will say Transfer:eek:ff, press change to turn it on.

MRoberts

My system only gives the option to transfer to an extension and not an external number. We use 3-digit DN's. Any suggetsions on how to use outbound transfer to transfer to an external telephone number?

Feature 983, 1020000 ok
MBOX
CHNG
Mbox: 223 for example
NEXT until you see
Outdial: None
Press CHNG
Select Line or Pool (how you want them to go out)
If you select Pool the screen will show
Pool: (enter 1 for pool A, 2 for pool B etc.)
Accept: 1.. press ok

You can hang up now. That's it. ;-)

MRoberts

Does this only provide notification when VM was left, or can it actually allow a transfer to another external number, such as a mobile number?

Yes it transfers the call to a mobile or any other # and connects the call.

Will this work with a CICS 4.2 and Flash 2.0? If so, can someone help explain?

Thx for all the help.

No,it won't work. This feature is only available on a NAM. Flash only has the off premise notification capability.

MBlackstone, that's MsRoberts and yes, SHE knows Norstar!!
DueE

I'm still fighting with this one. It has never worked for me, even though everything appears to be set up correctly. Under F983, outdial is set to line and I have a line selected. Under F981, function 8, the Outbound xfr Transfer Dest is set to my cell phone number. I call my number, let it ring, the voice mail picks up, I press 7, and I get:

"The line or line pool configured for this call is not valid."

Man, this VM is something....

Assigning Line Pool Access:
Terminals & Sets
Show set: (enter ext#) – Show
Line Access – Show
Line Assignment – Next
LinePool Access – Show
LinePoolA: Y – NEXT
LinePoolC: N – Change to Yes

Each extension must be programed in phone system programing to have access to line pool. Good Luck

Huh? It's not the extension that is calling out. It's the Vmail.

Usually when this happens your lines are not disconnect supervised.
Go into System programming, under lines.
Trunk mode:unsupr - Should be super.

Check that.

MRoberts

Oh and icsaidblindman,
With a CICS 4.2 with a Flash, you could externally call forward the call from the phone, thereby excluding the Flash all together.
See the FAQ on Call forwarding externally.

Hope this helps,
MRoberts

mroberts:

No dice. It was already set to Super. Here's everything for that particular line:

TrunkType: Loop
Line type: Public
Dial mode: Tone
PrimeSet: None
CLID set: None
Auto privacy: Y
Trunk mode: Super
Ans mode: Manual
Link at CO: N
Aux. ringer: N
Full AutoHold: N
LossPkg: MediumCO

All of my lines are on a Plexar system, so I have to dial 9 to access them. I tried several different formats for dialing the number I'm forwarding to, but I still get the same error.

Just a thought or two....If you have a PRI you should set your outdial to use pool 13. When you program your telephone # use 9(505)555-1234 . 2. Is out bound transfer enabled? Your class of service may have been modified to turn this feature off, or you may have a class of service that has this feature denied ( however I do not know if you can still configure out bound transfer in either case ) 3. lines on a 0 X 32 system go 1-4, 25-28, 49-52, 57-60, ...... the point is the lines are not sequential if you have chosen line 8 as your dial out, that is not a valid line you would need to use line 28. This is just my rambling $.02

Well, trunk type is loop so the PRI thing is out. The outbound transfer is working as it is attempting to dial out so the class of service is ok. Good points though.

I am thinking that it has to do with the Plexar system requirements. What you might do is create a route with a dial out of 9 and a destination code of say.. 5. Put the single line you want to use as outdial in a seperate line pool. Pool B.

That way the desti code is pointed to the route (using pool B)and the route automatically dials the Plexar access code.

You would choose Pool in both the F981 outbound transfer set up and in the mailbox dial out. Pool 2 = Pool B

Your destination digits would be desti code + number.

Try that one...
I am sorry this is being so difficult for you.

MRoberts

what is a Plexar system?? I lead kind of a sheltered life working only on norstar.... I don't think the out bound transfer is making it out of the norstar( or even selecting a trunk ) hense the recording. I like the pool idea. Another $.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back