Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLAN Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

applemango

Vendor
Feb 20, 2008
GB
Alright guys, Ive got my semester 3 practicle coming up soon and Im stuck with trunking.

My packter tracer file and practice final exam below:

I can ping from a host in VLAN 1 to another host in VLAN 1, same with VLAN 5 and 10. But I cant ping from the router to any hosts. Am I supposed to be able to ping between VLANs too? Ive configured 802.1q trunking protocol and the subinterfaces on the router. I cant see where im going wrong. Any help is appreciated.

my.php

what are you using for a routing protocol?

Some people are like slinkies.
Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Help new to using Extreme switches. How do you route traffic between to vlans so that I can ping each of the two vlans?

Thanks,

Kjsnow67

Kjsnow67
Start a new thread, and in a different forum. This is for Cisco testing and certs...

Burt

Hi,
After you configure the trunk for the VLANs you need to switch on the routing between the VLANs you want your clients to communicate to ! Unless you dont start routing between the VLANs you will just not be able to ping between the nodes placed in diff. VLANs.BTW this is awrong forum to ask such question
Kalpesh Dalwadi
B.S Electronics
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back