Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLAN issue when assign an IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewhbk

Technical User
Apr 24, 2014
MY
Hi Guys,

Does anyone faces this kind of issues before? Let's says assign an IP address on vlan 88 10.154.4.189 which is a free ip address on the vlan 88 address pool. But after a while, the server on this vlan 88 cannot be access and ping. Checking back the IP address 10.154.4.189 supposedly free. Some server get IP address conflict with this firewall device if assign IP address 10.154.4.189. Below is the switch port configuration. I do think firewall as layer 3, switch as layer 2 will be block from the port.

switchport access vlan 311
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 106
ip arp inspection trust
trust device cisco-phone
storm-control broadcast level 50.00
storm-control multicast level 50.00
auto qos voip cisco-phone
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable
service-policy input AutoQos-4.0-CiscoPhone-Input-Policy
service-policy output AutoQos-4.0-Output-Policy

are your servers on DHCP ? did you create a reservation that stops the DHCP server from giving out the address you've assigned to your switch ?

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

Let me check back on the core switch side configuration. Thanks guys

maybe issue an arp -a on the client and or show arp to see what address the device thinks has the IP address?
then check the mac address is the one expected and not something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back