Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VisualSource Safe 2005 and ASP.Net 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modica82

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
GB
Hi All,

Not sure if this is even the right place to put this but you never know :D

Are these two compatible. What i mean by this is, i currently have several 1.1 based applications with no source control as currently i am the only developer here. More developers will be joining soon so i want to get our systems upto date. We will be migrating across to 2.0 and starting all our projects in that soon, but we will still need to maintain our 1.1 based apps. Can these be logged into Source Safe 2005 as the 2.0 apps will be, or will i have to install VSS 6.0 on another server and use that?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

---------------------------------------

I can't see any problems with what you describe. We use Visual SourceSafe 2005 for both asp.net 1.1 and 2.0 projects, as well as a whole load of other project types.

I'm not sure if you are using Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 but both integrate well with Visual SourceSafe 2005 in my experience, so you should be fine.

ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back