Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Voicemail busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

robakabobbo

Technical User
Mar 14, 2013
US
Greetings,
We have 10.1.0.4.0 build 7 for our IP0. Random people will just lose the ability of the visual voicemail. When they select it it will just say busy. Some old post in the forums are referencing old releases. What or how would attack them? Licensing doesn't seem to be the problem.

Ensure voicemail pro is on the corresponding version of IP Office. Have you tried resetting voicemail pro?

We are having the same issue with embedded on 11.0.0.1.

You say Licensing doesn't seem to be the problem. How many ports of VM are you licensed for
You can look at system status and see if you have any alarms that all VM resources are in use. Maybe not enough ports?

I have verified that there are available ports and that other users are able to check mailboxes while random user will say busy

We do have 56 ports, but we have no errors in system status for the ports being used. a reset I am waiting on the user to get back to me.

Sorry,been dealing with a SR ticket on IPOCC. Server edition. Our VM Pro vmpro is 10.1.0.1.0 build 6

Also MWI seems to not work as well, with there being messages in there now. It did prior to reboot of the IPO

Are the users you are having issue with on Main server on IP500 or is is spread out to all sites?

All are on the primary server. We just have the primary server and expansion for our analogs and pri's

Anyone seen a resolution for this by chance? Still haunting my site.

It happened again today at our site. I did find that when the message says busy if I go to any other option in the VM menu and exit out when I re-enter the VM the message was then available.

i am also having this happen on our embedded voicemail. we are on 11 which we upgraded earlier this from 8 and the issue never happened before upgrading.

one thing that i have learned is that if you leave another message for the user, it will unlock things so that the user can check their messages. i will have to try the other menu items to free them up as that sounds faster!

if anyone has a fix for it though, please let us know.

Yep, this is a known issue. We have about 15 sites experiencing it, almost all after upgrades. We have just received a patch for this issue and will implement over the next few days. Due to the nature, we may not know if it fixes it for a week or so. Avaya has just released a sp1 for 11.0.4 which we are told the patch is built on but was not included in it due to the timing. So an upgrade to 11.0.4.1 is in order and the patch applied. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back