Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Studio on a Tablet PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sucoyant

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2002
US
Would it be possible to run Visual Studio on a Tablet PC?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah. I havehad Visual Studio.Net working on one for a couple of weeks. I have found that i am using my workstation more though especially when you are debugging code. It get's really fiddly!

cgiuk -

Which tablet do you have your Visual Studio installed on? What are the specs? Are you happy with the tablet?

been running VS .NET 2002 and 2003 on portege 3500 with a gig of ram and a tc1000 since june , works fine .......the only thing you will not appreciate is that low res 10-12 inch display,

We installed VS .NET on both Gateway and Toshiba tablets with no difficulty.

Brian
"There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those that divide people into two groups and those that don't. I belong to the second group." - tag line I stole

A related question....

I am considering a new laptop, and Tablet PC prices are coming down these days...

I do most of my programming on my current laptop (Windows 2K) and I run MySQL, MS SQL Server, VS.Net and do ASP.net programming (so I use IIS (server) for development)...

I know that Windows XP Pro includes personal webserver capabilities, but does the Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005? I can't get a Tablet PC if I won't be able to do my ASP.Net development on it...

Has anyone done ASP.Net web development on a Tablet PC?

Thanks!

Heather

[yinyang] Floyd Innovations [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back