Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual STudio .NET has detected ... not running ASP .NET version 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saadahmed43

Programmer
May 24, 2007
US

Hi,
I've built a website using Visual Studio .NET 2003 (ASP .NET 1.1.4322 - .NET Framework 1.14322 . I copied the solution, project and all the webpages (including code-behind and .resx files to another computer also running Visual Studio .NET 2003 and ASP .NEt 1.1.4322 . I get the following error message when I try to open the solution or the project file.

"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP .NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP .NET Web applications or services."

I ran aspnet_regiis /i . I've uninstalled .NET Framework and Visual Studio .NET 2003 and re-installed it - but the problem still persists. How can I fix this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Saad

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is.

.aspx is mapped to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll

and Limit To has the value: GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG

Saad

You could try reinstalling it by running "aspnet_regiis -i" from the relevant framework folder.

Also, is the web server running any other versions of the framework?

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

Hi Mark,
I've tried aspnet_regiis -i

It hasn't fixed the problem.

The webserver is not running any other versions of .NET Framework.

I had installed 2.0 earlier. But I un-installed it. Then, I un-installed Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 and re-installed everything - but to no avail. I'm still getting the same error.

Saad

Did you try changing settings in IIS for that site? Maybe you've done this already. I have zero experience in programming in .net but I have worked with IIS a bit.

-Laughter works miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back