Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Studio .NET 2003 and .NET Framework V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlocks

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have downloaded and installed V2.0 .NET framework and have read through the notes that came with it.
I admit I am a little rusty (not touched .NET for about 12 months) but when I open VS.NET 2003 and look for some of the new controls, I can't find them. One in particular is the Login control. When I view the controls available to me for either the toolbox or the Add Reference of a project, I can't see any of the new controls. I have even tried browsing but can't see where the new controls would be.

First question is Can VS.NET 2003 be used with V2.0 of the framework or does it have to use VS.NET 2005?

If I can use 2003, where can I find the controls as I have even tried looking in the samples directories for any .DLLs but they don't seem to have BIN directories or even any DLLs that look right!!!

Help,

Warlocks.

I have VWD Express running on one computer and VS 2005 and found very little difference. unless you are looking to do more than just asp.net.

I am looking at building asp.net apps that contain the likes of javascript etc. But I am assuming I can alter the code by adding in javascript(s) in a similar fashion to VS.NET2003?
Also, I have looked at the MS site for the express site (thanks for that) but it doesn't indicate whether it is a free download or whether there is a charge?

Cheers,

Warlocks

The whole VS 2005 Express is a free download. Yes, you can edit your code.. it is not a demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back