Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Studio 6 or Visual Studio XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic773

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
The lab I work for is need of a couple more copies of Visual Studio 6. However, I'm wondering if another version is coming out soon, possibly including C#. Burtan says its the future of development.

Also, I'm considering the possibility of getting Visual C++ rather than Visual Studio. One thing the Enterprise edition of Studio has over C++ relates to building "distributed applications." What does this mean? One thing I'm thinking is the possibility to right an server and client application break up time expensive processing over a number of computers (ie distributed.net ud.com) Is this what it means, or does it mean distributed in the sense of shareware or something like that?

C# is not necesarely the future of development. It does not have the cross-platform portability Java has.

But it is more versatile in the fact that you can write code in one language and he will automatically convert it to another one. Just think of the posibilities... (Java does mot have this)

But the .NET it requires very large resources.

Anyway C# resembles more Java than the C++ s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and good will, shepards the week through the valley of darkness...

BTW, I do not remember saying that C# is the future of programming though it is pretty good as I learned.
How do you know my opinion on C#.
Are you a spy or something. :)))))

PS: don't take it personally is just a joke.LOL s-)

Blessed is he who in the name of justice and good will, shepards the week through the valley of darkness...

Hello again,
Andrew,

:)
It seems that we are coming from two different world, you from C and C++ and
I from Visual C++. :) (Both will probabily will be soon forgetted with the
C#)

So you didn't actually say that "it is the future," but I definately think you implied it. :)

Personally, Java is dead...lol

Sun dropped java...did you know this?

Cross-platform...what other platform????
If you use a Macintosh, then all I have to say is I'm sorry...if you use a PC, then good!

Personally, java is good, but wasn't embraced since they took the main route to stay away from microsoft as netscape did...but, hey...they can't all be smart...java wasn't embraced, so it's dead...you can't do much with it...the language will have no additions, etc...
Regards,
AnthLOLny
----------------------------------------
The Learning process is just a way to get rid of all the stupids in your head.

Now where's that cute little kitten? :-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back