Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Interdev - Unexpected Error - Quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonmonkey

Programmer
Jul 16, 2002
GB
Hi.

All of a sudden, one day when I tried to load up Visual Interdev, I almost immediately get the error "Unexpected Error: Quitting", and the application immediately quits.

Please help as I really need to use this software!

Found this in the readme for service pack 5 for visual studio version 6:

Fixed in Service Pack 3:
Visual Studio now detects corrupted user settings files and removes the corrupted files from your machine. When this occurs, Visual Studio displays the following message: "Unexpected Error. Quitting." The next time you start Visual Studio, a new user settings file is automatically created.

You may try and reinstall the latest service pack.

HTH.

Hi.

I've recently installed service pack five but this did not resolve the issue.

If you have any more ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

Did you do a windows update (via IE Tools menu)? My PC decided to have horrible errors after one of these updates. The problem only showed after then next re-boot.

I had to reinstall the whole os again, and all the apps too. What a &*!! waste of time - but it did solve the problem. I do hope you find a solution that is a bit easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back