Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Integrator Import Job with Invalid Vendor Number Record. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirrandolph

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2008
US
I am running Mas 4.20.0.17. When I try to import new Inventory records using Visual Integrator, the Vendor Number returns "Invalid Record". All other records pass. I am using CSV format for the import file. My Vendor numbers are pure numeric and are four digets like 1234. I know they must be preceded by 000 for a total of 7 digets.

The PRIM_VENDOR_NO field validation is set to Method=File, Skip=Yes, Validation String=AP.VENDOR. I have tried Skip=Yes and No.

Under the data tab, PRIM_VENDOR_NO Type=ACCT, FG=S, Operation=REPL, Column=28 and Import Mask=#######.

Any Idea or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

When I view the test summary, the number 0001009 shows in the field as it should but still says it is Invalid.

Are you including or assigning a division number? The actual key for the vendor is the division number and vendor number.

Division is not included under the Data Tab. It is included under the validation tab and Skip is set to Yes if that matters here.

Actually it is. It is right above Primary Vendor. If you look at the Validation tab and pull up Primary Vendor you will notice that the validation is set to IM1(85,9) and for the division it is set to IM1(85,2) This means that you must have the division as part of the import if you have the primary vendor. It is including the Division for the vendor as part of the validation of the vendor number. Even if you do not use divisions you have to use 00 as the division or it will fail.

BigLouie, With your help I now understand the problem. I have done similar imports before with hit and miss success. Never really understood the problem. Our Mas Supporters charge $150 an hour which I guess is OK but it means we sometimes go with unanswered questions. Very glad to find this Forum and if you were a drinking man, I would buy you a beer. Thanks again very much for the help!

Our Mas Supporters charge $150 an hour which I guess is OK but it means we sometimes go with unanswered questions."

This is the standard rate for most resellers. While people such as Dawn and myself can help on the small and quick stuff your reseller is still your best option for support as they know your system.

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project that requires the use of MAS 200 (visual Integrator), the company wants to go with CSV files and import INVOICES.

I honestly don't know where to start, i'm trying in vain but nothing comes up, could anyone help PLEASE!!!

thank you,

by the way the version of MAS 200 that we're using is 4.30.0.8

thank you again!

1. You should be working with your reseller
2. Second you can contact me direct at bglouie at sbcglobal dot net. This is actually an easy import. Did one in 10 minutes for someone just the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back