Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Foxpro and Metaframe 1.8 for Win2k - Error 1104 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG500

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
AU
Hi All,

Has anyone ever seen an "Error 1104 : Error reading file" when using Visual Foxpro within a Metaframe 1.8 client.

The error is generated by Foxpro, and it happens quite infrequently - but enough to be a pain in the neck!

I know I haven't provided many details - I'm really just fishing to see if anyone has seen this before...

Cheers

Justin

This thread seems to have changed its direction from the initial question! Going back to the error 1104 with Visual FoxPro, I can confirm that the Microsoft articles listed above do not contain links to the actual fix. Instead, you should do the following to fix 1104 errors:

Either (1) move your FoxPro database from the network to your Citrix server's own hard drive or
(2) Implement the folowing:

net config server /autodisconnect:-1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\Mrxsmb\Parameters
Insert a new DWORD entry called OpLocksDisabled with the value 0x1.

Locate the CachedOpenLimit value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
Ensure that the value is set to 0x0.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
Insert a new DWORD entry called UtilizeNTCaching with the value 0x0.

Run the hotfix Q272582
For more info, see Q299603, Q294816.

We run Citrix Metaframe 1.8 with about 15 users. A number of Word users complain the copy and paste function either partially or completely fails some of the time.

Sometimes not working at all and other times only able to copy a couple of things into its multiple memory. The few times I have noticed this problem it has been very frustrating.

Any suggestions??

I've seen info of this problem under win 2k but has anyone had this problem under win nt4 terminal sever, running sp6 and metaframe 1.8 sp3.
any help would be greatful.

Interesting reading! richcoll is on the right track. You will be surprised how many issues go away if you put the FoxPro database on the HDD of the Citrix Server. I have clients that use their FoxPro program as their main application. We've set up their Citrix Server to hold ALL their data (not common or usually wise, I know). Gives the best performance imaginable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back