Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual C++ Windows/ME poblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSW2

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have a graphics application written in Visual C++ Standard and Windows Win32. I draws simple pictures using only a few diferent pens and brushes. It works perfectly on NT but on Windows/ME the colors go all black and the screen text disappears after only a few repaints. I suspected object problems but have checked very carefully, many times, that they are all destroyed after use and before another is created. Any hints as to where else to look for the problem?

OK, I eventually solved this problem. You can't just delete objects. You have to reassign them back to the old object first.

It is a pain in the toochus. So much of MFC has little quirks in it that if you dont know exactly what to do, you end up with problems down the line. Oh and of course, there are certain things that microsoft conciders a "FEATURE". For example, if I put a property page onto a dialog and I have the font on that dialog set to 24 point font. The property page will not be in 24 point font. The property page gets it's font size from the display settings in control pannel. AND THIS IS A FEATURE... i call it a headache!

Matt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back