Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Basic Object variable not set

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotsonmw

Programmer
Feb 8, 2003
US
I have created a Visual Basic COM+ application that I am trying to debug locally on a Win XP machine running IIS \ Visual Studio 6. When I get to the second line of code below :

set cMSRpts01 = Server.CreateObject("MSRpts01.cMSRpts")
Set rsApps = cMSRpts01.GetAppsListbyAnalyst(UserID)

I get this error :

An exception of type 'MSRpts01: Object variable or With block variable not set' was not handled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Does the name MSRpts01.cMSRpts match with what the control registered under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry?

For that matter did it register OK?

The MSKB article Q161837 may be of some small assistance.

"Life is full of learning, and then there is wisdom"

MSRpts01.cMSRpts does match with what the control registered under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry. Also, the Dll did register fine on my local machine. Thanks.

Must be a bug in the initialize for your control then.

Pretty easy to debug those.

Open the controls project and under properties/debugging change "When this project starts" to "Wait for control to be created". Put a stop on first line of Initialize, then open the project with the line above (or create a new one that just creates the control), put stop on create object and step through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back