Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VISUAL BASIC INSTRUCTIONS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIRK

Programmer
May 22, 2003
US
HELLO, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. I'VE BEEN PROGRAMMING SINCE 1962 AND JUST RECENTLY STARTED VISUAL BASIC. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A BOOK THAT LISTS ALL THE VISUAL BASIC INSTRUCTIONS. THANK YOU

Perhaps a good place to start would be the Visual Basic 6.0 Programmers reference or the Language reference, both from Microsoft press.

JIRK

There is quite a good simple introduction to VB here:

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

VB6en1us made the right suggestion. The programmers reference does exactly what you want. It shows you almost everything you can do and examples of it. Star for you VB6en1us

JIRK-

Something you may find useful is the Object Browswer in VB (F2 from your keyboard). This has every VB instruction and when you press F1 it brings up the help (on the native VB stuff anyway.) It has each instruction grouped into a category of 'objects'. You may find this very useful... I did when I first learned VB.

There is a site on internet called DEVX

Use search facility and look for GLOSSARY

USE "save as" o save it on your m/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back