Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual basic functions Equivalent of FSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeet2004

MIS
Jun 29, 2005
US
Is it a correct statemnt that FSO is basically for scripting purposes and shoudl be avoided in visual basic and visual basic functions shoudl be used instead.

Are there any equivalent functions existing in vb6.0 to replace FSO???

Just wanted to know so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

FSO contains many useful features for filehandling, and works fine under VB6. It is considerable overkill to use FSO if you only need Dir, Name or Kill functionality

Although I would agree that it is overkill, if you are familiar with it then I don't see anything wrong with using it in VB6. It is a component that is available on most [modern] computers so that is really not an issue... In my opinion it is not bad practice to use it in VB especially if that is what you already know how to use... (not that I am advocating not learning something new)

Just don't try and use FSO to read/write Unicode files. It doesn't do that particularly well.

Chip H.

what are some of the equivalent function in VB.
If you can direct me to some faq or thread or url that would be really great

<what are some of the equivalent function in VB.

See johnwm's post.

<If you can direct me to some faq or thread or url that would be really great

Try entering "VB6 Kill Statement", etc.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back