Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

visual basic and access

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsh7

Programmer
May 27, 2002
US
I'm using MS Access with VB6,
when the App is running I can't use the database with other ASP application, I have no problem to use the DB with many ASP pages, but when 1 app of VB is running I get error message. I have tried to open recordset with the parameters 3,3 with no help,
please advise,
Amos

Check the mode property of any ADO connection objects you have open. You may have inadvertently used adModeShareExclusive which will deny everyone else access to the database. Durkin

thanks for the reply
where do i need to check it ?
in the rs.open ? or when I open the DB ?
do you know what is the number of the "adModeShareExclusive" and what number do I ned to user instead ?
the Critical code :

set db = OpenDatabase("shiftoption")
SQLquery = "select * from ondutycall where date >= #" & Format(date2, "mm/dd/yy") & "#"
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(SQLquery,,3,3)

I think you should look at the options parameter you have chosen ie. the first 3 you have chosen in the openrecordset function (db.OpenRecordset(SQLquery,,3,3). 3, as you probably know , is the same as 2 + 1 LOLwhich is also the same as
Code:
dbDenyWrite + dbDenyRead
. These options will stop anyone from accessing any of the data you are looking at.
Hope this helps. Durkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back