Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vista wrong audio language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leibniz

Programmer
Dec 22, 2007
CA
when i try to play movies in windows vista, i'm having the "wrong audio language", the movie is playing in russian instead of english. Is there anything that i can do to correct these problem?

What play software are you using?

1.) how about looking for a MENU item such as AUDIO LANGUAGE...

2.) change Movie Sources, you may have just a RUSSIAN audio language file...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

I`m using Windows Media Center and it`s not the only movie that i`m trying to play that is doing this. I have `Alien 3` wich was english when i first listen to it, there is also`I Robot` wich also when i have listen to it in windows xp. But in Windows Vista, all this movies are displayed in diffrent languages, right now it is displayed in Russian.Before i have reinstalled Windows Vista recently, it was displayed in german.

Look at the Control Panel, there under Region and Language settings, what does it state, is it correct?
look under the first two tabs...

Under Media Center there should be a menu item called OPTIONS (since I am using a non-english version I am not sure if it is really called OPTIONS) found under TASKS, there go to the DVD submenu, you should now find the Language Options, check there if they had gotten changed...

Post back if that helped or not...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

You may not receive audio in the desired language when you use Windows Media Center to view television in Windows Vista

Search for this Title in the Help and Support program in Vista.

"Windows Media Player language settings: frequently asked questions"

I've tried all the of the subjestions above but somehow i'm still having the same problem as before. So basicaly i have changed the language on the DVD submenu of Windows Media Center, i've looked under the regional settings in Control Panel and all was setup to be in english. I've also downloaded the "929615" Windows Vista update file and that didn't do it either. All i know is that i can run those same movies under Windows Xp Pro and it will naturally be in english. I just wonder what kind of options might control these settings in Windows Vista.

What happens if you try another user instead of your normal username?

I don't know if your codecs are a problem, probably not, but while we are scratching around in the dark you can try these if you like?

Vista Codec Package 4.4.1

You could also try your luck at a Vista Mediacenter forum.

Vista Media Center - Discussion & Support

Problem solved! I just had to install a free dvd codec package from the internet: (Cole2k Media - Codec Pack V6.0.9 Advanced): Curiously enough, i had tried to download before the "Vista Codec Package", "K-Lite Codec Pack" and "XVid" and others. None of those actualy did solve the problem, i guess that the codecs that comes with "Windows Vista Premium" and "Windows Vista Ultimate" might not always be in the right language due to some incompatibility or bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back