Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista won't wake up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmoes

MIS
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Hey all

similar to this guys problem unfortunatley he didn't get a resolution..

I leave my computer for the night, and it seemingly goes to sleep/hybernation but the numlock still goes off and on and it sounds like it's still running, there's just no display to the screen. ... I've disabled all the powersaving modes and it still does this .. but not consistantly I can't time it out ..

Intel Quad Core Q8200
Gigabyte S-Series EP43-DS3L
2x2GB Crucial Rendition DDR2 PC2-5300
EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ 1GB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0
Corsair TX650w Power Supply
200GB Seagate
vista 64bit

any tips/ideas are appreciated.

~AZ

Have you tried disabling Hibernation, then using Disk Cleanup to remove the Hibernation file (hiberfil.sys), then resetting your Hibernation requirements, and letting Vista recreate the file that was deleted?

Disabling Hibernation in Windows Vista (and Deleting Hiberfil.sys)

Are the any options in the Bios relevant to Hibernation, or is there a Bios update available for your machine?

See if these are an aid in further research you might wish to do?

How do I invoke Sleep (S3) and not Hibernate (S4) in Vista
thread1583-1492239

S3 Sleep in Windows XP.
thread779-1469199

There was a bios update, which I already applied before .. I got excited because it said fixes resume errors .. unfortunatley it didn't make a difference..

I'll take a look at your other recommendations and get back to you.

Thanks!

~AZ

Because I got myself a Gigabyte motherboard, based on P35 chipset though, I also experienced similar problems. The computer couldnt wake up either from Windows XP or Vista (I got both systems installed).

I tried at first flashing the BIOS, which helped in other small problems I had with the motherboard regarding Overclocking..and no my CPU wasnt overclocked when I was tryin to wake up my PC.

Anyway, I found in the BIOS a setting about "CPU Loadline Calibration" which I disabled it and that DID help me out! If you find a similar option there, try to disable it.

Visit my website==>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back