Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista U Outlook 2k3 import issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

braddds

Technical User
Apr 26, 2001
CA
I'm running Vista ultimate and just installed Office 2K3. I tried to import messages from an old Outlook Express 6 mail store but it won't complete. Some meassage pops up in behind the window where I direct it to find the store but it goes away immediately...no chance of seeing or capturing it. I also tried importing it (OE6 store) into Vista's Mail and it worked without a hitch so I directed the import utility to look there...same issue as above. I've successfully done this in xp with outlook 2k3 so I think it's some Vista issue.

Haven't been able to find this Vista issue in microsofts site yet...still looking.

Cheers

If the Import doesn't work have you tried the Export from the older program instead?

How to export e-mail messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.

Import your messages or account from Outlook Express to Outlook

Can you locate any error message in the Event Viewer, possibly in the Application folder, or in any of the Office or Applications and Services logs?

You could try the "Detect and Repair" option in Help.

You could also look to the MS Office forum for expert help.

Thanks linney

I did try exporting but I didn't choose exchange as suggested in the support article. I'll give that a try when I get home.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back