Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista running very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2001
US
Friend tried to upgrade vista and it crashed. She called dell, and they couldn't do a thing. She then called M$, and they took remote control, and ended up wiping her system. Dell sent her disks, and she got most of her system back. She's lost her pictures, but has everything else back. Big problem is vista is running very slow. I've looked at it once, but I'm a W2k person. Going back over today, and I've done research, but I could use some help on this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. (Gonna put system back in classic view and increase the page file. So far thats all I can find.)

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
[americanflag]
Support our Troops!

What Dell computer? Latitude, Inspiron RAM HDD. Personally I never upgrade, I always reinstall, just to get rid of any problems.

Pick over the suggestions I posted in this XP thread, most of the XP articles mentioned apply equally to Vista.

Multiple copies of IE7 open with one mouse click
thread779-1442746

Data Recovery.

PC Inspector

Plenty of other recovery software listed here.

Well, i had the same problem with windows vista, it was very slow at the begining. The system was so slow that i couldn't use it to do anything at all. These problem however was solved by doing a Bios Update.

Thanks, all. Got it solved. Just did some spring cleaning. Did a full scan checked for virus. All was clean. Installed an external hard drive, backed up what little pics they had left. Started un-installing some of the accounts that weren't used anymore, liked the grandkids. Did a full system backup. Not sure which did the trick, but things are working great now. Thanks for the help.[2thumbsup]

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
[americanflag]
Support our Troops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back