Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista playing AVI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappaG

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Hi All

Can anyone help, i just switched over from XP to vista and my AVI's don't play correctly. I use the kazza maga codec pack which is the same as i used with xp tried installing twice and even found a later version of the codec pack which has the same issue. I can find lots of stuff on getting VLC palyer to work but not media player i would settle for using VLC player if it wasn't for the fact i am using ultimate and media centre experices the same issue and i would assume if i fix one i will fix the other. The problem i get is the media itself plays but i get green flashing boxes and odd green lines at the bottom of the picture. Anyone managed to resolve this yet?

I had a similar issue with MP4s which was resolved by upgrading to the latest graphics card drivers. Have you tried this?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Have you tried a different codec pack? I have been using the Vista Codec Pack with no issues.

thanks guys i thought i had the most recent drivers but looked again and found another driver, loaded and tested ok.
I guess fixing problems isnt always a good thing as now i can't justify a new card just for the aeroglass interface :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back