Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista machine, whitelisting

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpi

Technical User
Jan 18, 2001
US
Hello

I have a vista machine set aside for just business. It needs to see only a few url's. It's not about the browsers at all, I want to whitelist the entire thing to allow just a few url's. I've been messing with hotbrick LB2's, one blew up, the other just seems buggy. It works, sort of, as a whitelisting firewall, then it quits, today I reset it, set it up for whitelisting and it allows me to surf anywhere, so I'm giving up on hotbricks and looking for another solution, maybe another brand of hardware firewall. I want SPI and whitelisting and not anything more really, unless someone can suggest something more I should be thinking about.

Comments are welcome.

Ok, I made a little progress with the Hotbrick. After manual reset the password was reset and my list of whitelisted url's was gone but I could not set up whitelisting. I cycled power and now it's working fine. There is reset and then there is "really really really reset" apparently.. Hotbick, IMO, is good, but not great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back