Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista Business dumps my cookies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBricker

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
This seems weird to me, but when I go home at night (or leave my pc for short periods sometimes), my machine will lock itself. When it does that, it dumps my cookies (are they session cookies?). I'm not sure it actually dumps them, but, for example, when I open Tek-Tips I have to log back in if the machine has locked itself. Sometimes, I'll walk out of my office for 10 minutes and when I get back, the screen is locked (sometimes I'll be out for hours and it doesn't lock up). Other times, I'll go home for the night and when I come in it's locked. Either way, when I log back in and go to some web sites that I have to log into, that log in cookie is gone.
Just wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I've checked my power setting and set everything to 'never'. Check my settings in Internet explorer (8) and my Microsoft Explorer settings but haven't seen anything that adresses this.

Thanks

Paul

Are there any clues to be found in the Event Viewer?

When looking at the Event Viewer, make sure you are an Administrator.

Better troubleshooting capabilities with Windows Vista's Event Viewer

This article is just for information and may not be related.

Windows Account Lockout Error Code (netlogon, event ID, Kerberos)

Have you tested this problem as a different user in case it is a profile problem?

Fix a corrupted user profile

Fix a corrupted user profile

Have you tried resetting the Default Settings for IE?

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES)

I assume you looked at cleaning out your Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and browsing history?

Thanks linney. My work involves databases and some Intranet work. I don't know the first thing about OS's but will have someone log me in as admin and take a look at the logs. I've talked with one of these guys when he was doing some updates on my PC but didn't get an answer I thought was very practical so I posted it here. At least when I talk with them, maybe I'll sound like I have some understanding about this. I'll post back when I have some info.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back