Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vista and manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

rricks

Programmer
Apr 7, 2008
US
I have moved up to a new laptop and yes it is running the Windows Vista OS. Things are working well, but when i log onto a customers system i have to know the specific ip address of the shitch in order to connect to it. with xp I could have 255.255.255.255 in the discovery box and it would find the switch. Now with Vista i haveo type the specific IP address of the switch in order to connect to it. If i leave the 255.255.255.255 in the discovery box it will never find it. I have tried turning off the fire wall, i have added exceptions to the fire wall and i have turned off UAC... Any thoughts

This is realy a security issue
I think you best search with google or something

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

i had the same issue, are you using two network connections.

i had to disable my wireless connection to allow the broadcast to go through

Do you see any deference when you do a "route print" in dos mode?

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

i have not turned off my wireless connection and i am not familiar with route print

yup locate the wireless connection in the control panel and disable then it will work.

another vista highlight is if you deal with Embedded Messaging they have removed the tftp command in dos which makes the upgrades interesting.

yay microshaft

try disabling the wireless

goto a cmd promt and type route print

this will give you the ip routes on your laptop

Try to change this regkey

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}

Make a new DWORD : DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle
The value is 1

Change the this regkey

DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle

Make the value 1 instead of 0

Adn tftp is still there in Vista
You need to turn it on
You can find it in Programs and Features applet in Control Panel using the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" link on the left pane.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back