Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visioconference 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria90

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2016
TN
Hello can we please integrate scopia desktop clients with scopia XT 5000 for IP office ? Thank you

Yes you can with a Scopia Desktop Server

salut pkdev j'ai seulement un scopia XT5000 server donc je peux connecter des clients desktop ? merci

Parlez vouz anglais merci.
You have asked a question that can't be answered without the assistance of the Oracle at Delphi.
Can you elaborate what is your problem?

Here's a witty rejoinder for you.

Sorry

can we please integrate scopia desktop clients with scopia XT 5000 for IP office ? Thank you

Yes by browsing to an fqdn. It must always be an fqdn. Never an ip address. Both internal and external users.

Here's a witty rejoinder for you.

mariemmasmoudi20, you need to install Scopia Desktop Server on a windows computer and put this server in a DMZ.
Scopia Desktop Server is free with XT5000.

Contact my by MP if you want to explain your issue in French ;)

It depends how your Scopia XT5000 is licensed. Normally (before IPO) it was licensed as a standlone unit. It would need to connect to an MCU (a video gateway). Scopia Desktop web clients connected to that video gateway too.

For the IPO version that's scaled down, the XT5000 has a license that lets you install Scopia XT Desktop on a Windows server and point it to the XT5000 to use as a video gateway. If you have that license, then yes, you can have web browsers join in to a meeting on it.

The one thing I could never figure out was how to have a meeting of web-only people without having the XT5000 in the meeting's video display.

Scopia for IP Office requires that of the participants, the XT5000 unit is one of them. If you want to run a video conference without the boardroom camera involved you need to go to full fledged Scopia 6000 MCU which allows for meeting rooms and multiple conferences but is a MUCH higher price. Not that it's not worth it, but it is a big jump.

- Qz

XT5000 together with desktop clients is not the worst but far away from good. The fact that you are not able to change the conference dial in code without logging in to admin area is a no go in my opinion.

Thank you all

pkdev

How can I reach you by PM , I still need your help ?

In fact I answer before checking if there was a PM service :)

Contact me @ nicolas.deville*AT*cheops.fr

Someone above mentioned "Scopia for IP Office requires that of the participants, the XT5000 unit is one of them. If you want to run a video conference without the boardroom camera involved you need to go to full fledged Scopia 6000 MCU which allows for meeting rooms and multiple conferences but is a MUCH higher price."

Not altogether true. If the XT5000 is placed into an "Auto Answer" mode. In which case the MCU will auto answer and place the call automatically into the conference bridge (albeit you must have the proper PIN number). The equivilant of an unsupervised conference call in the IPO. So you can have an adhoc video conferecing room always available without having a live body onsite at the location of the XT5000.
Mechanically it can be done - but not too sure I would recommend it for hhighly sensitive meets.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Guru, while true that you can set the camera to auto answer, it is still a participant to the conference. There may be no one in the vicinity but it still shows up in the view. This is fine if the room is empty, but not so good if the HR consultant from head office is in there asking Michael Bolton (no relation) what his favorite song is.

- Qz

There is a special reference of XT5000 for IP Office without camera : Avaya XT Server for IP Office.
It allows 1 conference with a maximum of 8 participants.

Yep, we have this at one customer, with the full shibang at 4 or 5 others.

| ACSS SME |

It's also possible to disable the local MCU so that when you set to auto-answer it won't include the room camera in the call.

ACSS (SME)

thesmash - could you share how to do that? I'll buy you a virtual internet beer if you do!

Administrator Settings > Calls > MCU > Local Audio-Video

Toggle this to no and then when remote users dial in it will act like a bridge. You'll have to change it back for normal functionality afterwards though so be careful!

I'll await my virtual beer [cheers]

ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back