Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio Shapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

benduncan

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
GB
Does anyone know where you can obtain Visio Shapes for the Compaq servers. I am looking to do a diagram of all of the compaq servers in our datacentres and would like to use Visio to document it.

You can find a whole stash of Dell, Cisco, Compaq visio stencils on Disc1 of Visio 2000 in a directory called HIDDEN. Not a clue in the world as to why they included but then hid these handy stencils

I have looked on the visio 2000 pro and no such directory. I would also be interested if anyone finds the compaq server stencils

any1 know, please let me know too.

thank you.
Rgds,
Steven

The stencils are on CD#2.

Like the others said, you need Visio Enterprise.

Visio 5 Professional doesn't cut it.

There is a web site for all HP visio stencils which at the moment ONLY has HP (not pre-merger Compaq) stencils. This web site will contain ALL pre-merger Compaq stencils too, in the next few days.

Also, if you are desperate just e-mail me at Visio-cafe@hp.com, and I will send them to you as e-mail attachments.

(I am one of the guys who draws all these things at HP.)

Anyway, hope this helps!

Cheers!

Greg Drinkwater
Solution Architect
Hewlett Packard

thanx HPGuy Greg

just what I was looking for ;-)

a Reseller from Belgium

/Bart

Me to HP Guy I was looking for a nice stencil of the DL380G2 and DL360. So much nicer to have the proper stencil, I had hacked up the 1850R pic to look like a G2 :)

there is a really nice stencil for the dl38-g2 in the proliants vol6 stencil

anyone know as of recent where to get the dell shapes? anything from 2003?

thanks again!

Hi all, there is a new server for HP/Compaq stencils. The old server is half broken, and not being updated.

This site has tons of updates and, as usual, it's free.

Greg Drinkwater
VSD Grafx Inc

Visio-Cafe@hp.com

Thanks for this information Greg - save me surfing the web looking for flat perspectives!

We are an ISP - heavy use of HP/Compaq kit

Regards

Robert Kolaczynski
Project Consultant

You can also search altimatech.com. The offer some free downloads, and if you can't find a shape, they will create it for FREE within two weeks if you have a subscribtion. This includes a huge number of manufacturers

Hi all, just to let you know that there have been a huge amount of updates to the HP Visio stencils at the VisioCafe.com web site, and as usual, they are free.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back