Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio 2002 open file and wipes out data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptb13

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2002
US
I am using Visio 2002 and now when I open any of my work, a blank page appears and my file has been wiped out. The file size goes from 384k to 9k. I can't modify any of my Visio work without wiping them out. I can creat a new file though. I am working with org charts and network diagrams. Do i have something set wrong? HELP!!!!!!!

I was just wondering if this has been solved for you? I'm having the same sort of problem. Some of my .vsd files that I load shows the screen shots that I have previously pasted into Visio 2002. But some of them show just the screen shots as invisible. The lines and circles shows up fine. And when I right-click and choose Format, then Picture I can see my pasted screen shot in there. As stated earlier I don't have problems with all of my .vsd files, just some of them. Any help?

Did you found a solution to this problem because i have the same

Did you found a solution to this problem because i have the same

I'm having the same problem here too and with multiple installs. Any ideas yet?

Help....

If you use Novell, try updating your client to the latest version 4.83 SPK1. There is a known issue with Visio 2002

Technical Information Document
Fixes included in Novell Client v4.83 SP1 for Windows NT/2000/XP - TID10071896 (last modified 19FEB2003)

...Client 4.83 with latest patch truncates Visio 2002 documents when attempting to open from server. If document is stored on local machine problem does not occur.

The latest client fixed this problem in our environment. Hope this helps.

Doktor Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back