Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio 2000 through msi deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ommer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
NL
All,

I am having problems visio 2000 installing through an .msi. It consists of a lot of small .msi files, but nothing which I can use to assign it through group policy.

I've read that you would need an vis2000.msi which is included on a microsoft technet select cd, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I've also tried to create a package using Installshield adminstudio, wininstall LE and wininstall, to no avail.

Does someone has a working .msi file which I can use to assign visio 2000? for instance the original vis2000.msi or a self-made one maybe?

Thanks in advance, I can not understand why a MICROSOFT product doesn't have a decent .msi file included or downloadable.

Cheers,

Robert

Not sure if it'll work on visio 2000 but try doing a admin install using SETUP.EXE /A

Ash.

Ash,

Thanks for your response. I've done this, and the administrative installation works ok, but after that I need a decent .msi file to assign in group policy, and MS gives a lot of .msi's, but useless ones like visiocore.msi and techcore.msi, which can not be used to install the entire program.

Cheers,

Robert

I think actually you need to be one of Microsofts Select customers to get the vis2000.msi. Otherwise its a case of trial and error to get a homebuilt MSI to work.

I mainly use Visio 2002 and MSI installation is a breeze on that. God knows why they didn't bother MSIing Visio 2000 properly.

Ash.

Yep I'm starting to believe this also. a Select subscription is out of the question, so I'll just have to go back to the Trial&Error !

Thanks,

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back