Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visio 2000 distribution package for SMS 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcmh

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
US
Trying to locate a visio 2000 pro distribution package to use within SMS 2.0. Anyone know where I can find it?? Havent been able to locate it on Microsoft site.

Just make one your self, I have setup most of my Microsoft Packages that way as I have 13 remote sites and each have a secondary site setup on it.

I just make sure that I deploy the correct package to the correct site.

If you use the Administration kits for Microsoft packages you can then choose all the settings. I only need to have a few variables to allow for different site names.

I created one myself as well. I find the install scripts supplied by Microsoft often are over complicated and fail to work in some cases.

I created an administrative version of Visio by running setup.exe /a to enter in the licence key for distribution.

Having got this administrive copy of the application I then created my package and got SMS to use a compressed copy of the program.

The program command I used included an unattended switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back