Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwert0000

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
I have a continous form that I would like to be able to toggle the visible property on some text boxes of certain records depending on the value of a check box.

I can get this to work on a reg form, but can't seem to figure out how to handle this a continous form.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Eric

This issue has been addressed many times on this forum. Use the advanced search feature and enter the terms "continuous form" and "visible" then the default options for the search.

Hope this helps!

The Missinglinq

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Thanks Tried searching but wasnt having any luck. Looking in the right place now.

How are ya Qwert0000 . . .

You can use [blue]Conditional Formatting[/blue] (2k or higher), only problem is your limited to [blue]disabling[/blue] or controlling [blue]background/foreground colors[/blue]. Otherwise as you've found out, hiding a control [blue]hides the entire column![/blue]

Your thoughts!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Conditional Formation did the trick. Had to rethink what I was tring to accomplish. Thanks for the pointers.

If IsLoaded("YourForm") Then
CmdCloseForm.Visible = True
' In this case a command button
' but could be a Box etc
Else
' This form was opened as an application
' hides the button
CmdCloseForm.Visible = False
End If
End Sub

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back