Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakkoguy

Technical User
Oct 30, 2001
US

When the about or any other button (besides the home button) is pressed, a movie clip plays and the visibility is set for the 3thirty logo (instance named Logo) to false so it will not be able to be seen. But for some reason the logo does not become invisible. Can anyone help?
the .fla is at

When using text in a tween (zoom in on your 3thirty), you need to make that text dynamic and embed the font used.
Do that, and your text will be set to be invisible. Regards,

oldman3.gif

MX, I made the text dynamic and it looks funky now

Funky?

Hit the Character tab in the textfield's properties, and select Embed All... Regards,

oldman3.gif

Ok I did what you said, and it still does not work. Just to let you know it was working fine about a week ago, before i updated the site and somthing might have happened but now it does not make the Logo, invisible.

p.s. what does embedding fonts do?

I think the actionscript might be the problem.
when i first completed the .swf, it was in flash 5 and then i opened it in mx, is there a difference in the action script? cause it is not reading this code
"with (_root.Logo) {
_visible = false;
}"

Change the instance name of your logo clip, to "test" or whatever, and change your references to it in all your scripts. It doesn't seem to like the "Logo" instance name.

That's what I did here, but only on the staff button and home after hitting staff.

Regards,

oldman3.gif

wow, it worked, who would've have guessed thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back