Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VirusScan Repackaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 1999
US
I am having the hardest time, trying to package the superdats that update our mcafee virusscans on our win95 and nt machines. i can get the package to update the virusscan but i just cant stop the package from crashing at the end of the install. has anybody had any experience packaging superdats and other virus stuff? we have sms 2.0

McAfee actually has its own repackaging. I was working with a company that was trying to do the same thing. If you were using SMS Installer there were problems. Try researching McAfee to see what they had.<br>
<p> <br><a href=mailto: oneworld@goes.com> oneworld@goes.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I currently am pushing the superdats to users. I did not repackage anything. I simply wrote a batch file to copy the superdat to the hard drive (I didn't want 1400 people running the superdat from the same place). I then launch &quot;sdat -s /reboot /prompt&quot;. I run this advertisement weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back