Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VirusScan 7 Exclusions and Clearswifts Mailsweeper 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

addus5

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Anyone have any problems running VirusScan 7 on a server running Clearswifts Mailsweeper. I got a call from our excahnge team letting us know that the mail queues were backed up. They saw that Mcshield was using high CPU utilization. I put in exclusions for the mail directories but it still seems to be scanning and detecting virus's in those directories.

I have the same problem with MailMarshall...

Try to configure MailSweeper as low process without any option activated in the scanning options.

Regards.

Thanks Silio. Ill give it a try. Its better then what my prime support gave me....NOTHING. I have found more solutions in the forum then I have gotten from NAI or there dinky knowledgebase.

Addus

Thanks...

Another solution can be exclude the extension of mails(normally .mml) of the On Access Scan.

This does that mcshield.exe not scan this type of files, but it does not prevent you that, if Mailsweeper uses temporary directories for attachments (also MailMarshall) the On Access Scan them and corrupt the .mml file (this is my case)

Good Luck!!

Definitely exclude the temp directory - MailSweeper uses that a lot.

Also, what version VirusScan are you using? 7.0 and earlier versions don't handle exlusions that well. It still locks ALL files BEFORE determining whether it is in your exclusion list. 7.1 was supposed to fix that.

Cotton...

I believe that 7.1 is still without solving the problem that you comment of the exclusions...

To my for example, in 7.1, does not work the option to exclude the subdiretories of a certain folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back