Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VirusScan 4.5.1 On Demand Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiley

MIS
Apr 11, 2003
US
I have a group of PCs all Win2K running VirusScan 4.5.1 that I want to send an alert message to the alert manager whenever a virus is detected. I'm using the ePO server with a task that scans each machine with this setting. But if the user tries to scan a file (i.e. right click on a file/folder and chooses "Scan for Viruses") the "Notify Alert Manager" setting is not chosen along with other options. Is there a way to configure this remotely?

Where is the "Notify Alert Manager" setting? Is it in a file or in the registry? I'd like to create a file or registry setting that I can push out to these PCs so that I won't have to touch each machine.

I've found that if I right click on a file/folder and choose "Scan for Viruses" I can configure the settings I want right there and I'm given the option of saving the settings (which creates a *.vsc file or "Save as Default") The save as default option is what I prefer because it saves all the settings on the machine. But where is this default setting located??? I guess that is my main question. If I can find where this file and/or registry keys are located I think I will have solved my problem.

Or can i configure this with the ePO?

Hope I explained the problem correctly.

The "notify alert Manager" setting you can find in your Virusscan console, Vshield configuration, tab "alert"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back