Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
AU
Hi everyone,

I have problem which realy anoying.
Using IE 5.1 macintosh
So many times have return mails from addresses I never heard for them and say: you sent virus to that recipient and blah, blah, blah...
Obviously I'm not sending mails not with the viruses because my virus scan say I haven't got any in my comp.
What the problem is and how to fix it.

If you have scanned your Mac with an anti-virus program with the latest updates applied, then you probably do not have a virus. My guess is that one of your friends (or relatives) that has your email address in their address book has the virus. It is spoofing all the addresses in that address book and sending out emails that look like they are coming from you, ( and everyone else in that address book) when they are not.

Jim

Thanks to Jim and jocker. Virus going to someone I never heard about i.e. that addresses not in my folder. Some people geting angry on me saying that I sent them virus what is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back