Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus warning in OL2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvert

Technical User
Jun 26, 2000
GB
We have just upgraded to XP Pro and XP Office Pro. We send e-mails to customers (usually 40 to 75 at a time) advising them of their orders. The e-mail addresses are kept on the Access 2002 db. The e-mail is sent via Outlook 2002 using a button in Access. When we used Office 97 and WIN98SE there was no problem!

Since upgrading we get an 'error message' saying that this (automatic) procedure may be as a result of a virus. The MS information says that the security in Outlook 2002 has been 'improved'.

Any clues or suggestions?

Dear Malcoop - Thank you for your message. The link you gave me was most useful. I know that the solution to my problem is in 'security' and I have found all sorts of answers but they tend to relate to attachments rather than messages. I shall check the contents of your link with my colleague who knows Outlook better than I. Thanks again.

Dear Smah - Thanks for that, I shall have a look at the site. It may be the short term solution I am looking for - but for the future??!! Thanks again. Calvert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back