Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus Scan 5.0 (on 2k pro) does rollback says interrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billwrs

Technical User
Aug 2, 2001
US
I have installed it before but it says the windows installer is an older version and says it was interrupted at end of setup and rolls back. Thanks in advance.

Bill

billwrs,
Have you tried uninstalling Virus Scan, including removing the directory & any registry entries before re-installing? (ALWAYS backup your registry before doing a regedit!)
Bob W

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you will see every problem as a nail." - Abraham Maslow

Get more tools!

The retail version of VirusScan (5.x) is NOT COMPATIBLE w/ Windows 2000. This was designed for HOME USERS. Windows 2000 is a corporate OS (according to MS). You should get the corporate version (4.5.1) which is compatible.

AVChap

I have 5.15 retail version and have 3 computers all running Win2k. It installed fine on 2 of em but it wont install on the third. Funnily enough the third is the only compthat has previously had McAfee installed on it.

I have un-installed the old version 4.0.3 retail and manually removed registry entries searching on McAfee. It gets as far as 'Preparing System for Modification' and then jumps to a finish screen saying 'The wizard was intterupted before McAfee VirusScan could be completely restored' and the only option is to Finish.

Hi everyone. I contacted mcafee and they said to uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn't work, get a new windows installer. In order to do this:

1 Go to your c:\program files\ common files folder and in there search for a folder called installshield. if you find it then delete it.
2 If that still does not help then go to the link below and download a new Windows installer and try installing then *(I think this is a 9x installer, best to search for 2000 installer)
3 Search the registry and remove all occurrences of
489F71EOD0883D1128AC000CF4563660
Note - You may find as many as 120 occurrences. They all need to be removed.

4> If you still cannot install then you should clear your c:\windows\temp folder - after temp is cleaned Then Find all files with the .msi extension and then go to properties - summary and then if you see 'Network Associates' delete it.

After you have done this you should be able to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back