Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus Scan 4.5 (on 2k pro) wont install does rollback. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empeethree

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2000
US
I am trying to install Virus Scan on a box that I had upgraded to win2k pro from win98 se. Virus Scan was running fine on this box before the os change. I have tried reloading it, but it gets to the install portion and does a "rollback" (the term the software used). Then errors out saying the installation wizard was interrupted, to retry the install at a later time. Nothing is running in the background. I am lost on this. Searched the NAI site and found nothing.

thanks in advance
Rob

I am having the same problem only it is with NT 4.0 service pack 6a. IT worked fine last week. When I started my computer VirusScan didn't start. I removed it and tried to reload it. That is when I get the error. I get a message that says there was an internal error in the folder, which I delete and it recreates, and that it can't continue the install.

This is a little messy but if you feel comfortable with the registry do a search for virusscan, mcafee and network associates delete everything that comes up. Restart the machine and delete the directories/folders associated with network associates and don't forget the one in common files. Now try and install mcafee fresh. The other thing to do is to make sure you have Vshinit.vxd on the computer or even copy it from another computer and try to uninstall Mcafee and then reinstall.

I had the same problem. McAfee support recommended version 4.51. I downloaded it and it wordked without issue

Hi guys, I am having a similar problem with mcafee virus scan 5.2. If anyone can help with this version it would be appreciated. Is there more detailed reg keys to take out?

Thanks, Bill

- Download the CleanUp utility available at
- Clean up the Temp folder.

- Remove the folders inside the Winnt\Installer directory.

- Clean up the registry and delete the folders: \PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES and \PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back