Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus protection for Exchange 2003??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipToast

Technical User
Apr 12, 2004
US
What do you use on your Exchange servers for virus protection?

Group Shield(ePO or not).. Norton... etc..

The company I work for uses Trend Micro as the exchange virus can. The product is called ScanMail for Exchange 2000/2003. The product is easy to use and works perfectly

I have worked with McAfee Group Shield. Expensive but the ultimate protection with no end to administration!

Groupshield is very good. I used Symantec with Exchange 5.5 and it seemed a little cleaner. I haven't used it with 2K or 2K3.

We use Symantec Antivirus client on the server and then manage the e-mail with Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange.

Thanks for the replies. I have been contemplating which software to purchase that will provide the best level of protection at the server. I was surprise to see the price tag on some of these products, they were higher then I expected.

Have a look at the GFI product Mail Security for Exchange ( I found this priced rather more competitively. You also get a choice of 3rd party virus signatures from McAfee, Kasperky etc.
I've used this on a E2K3/W2K3 system for 3 months now with no problems.

We have been using Antigen from Sybari We use it on around 12 old Exchange 5.5 servers, our Exchange 2003 enviroment and on our two IIS SMTP relay servers.
We haven't had any serius virus problem at all for more then 3 years now.
We also expect to use the same on Sharepoint Portal Server

What is great about Antigen is that you can scan with a lot of different antivirus engines. We use 5 different now. Gives us a lot of protection.

/johnny

I think the NAI-Mcafee product (Enterprise Deffense Suite with epolicy orchestrator version 7.1) will be perfect to protect your Exchange 2000 or 2003 and clients if you like. I have worked with many products and this one I like best (just set up the Epolicy-Orchestrator on separate memeber-server to manage all of the clients) and Group Shield with Outbreak Manager on the Exchange Server.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back