Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virus Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonProfitTheatre

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2002
US
Is there a way that you can set up the Exchange Server so that it will catch a virus and not deliver it to internal users? We are using Norton Anti virus.

THANK YOU.

Not a big fan of symantec myself, but saying that i'm pretty sure they have an enterprise edition that will have an exchange agent.

is your exchange server polling mail and then distributing? or are your outlook clients getting the mail and then storing on exchange?

take a look at panda software, scanmail from trend micro i believe as other options.

Mail Essential by GFI

slightly more work as you need to set the traps and anti spam up, while checking the good from the evil but we have been using for 2 years and it has saved us from every email born virus on the market.

You have Norton Antivirus For MS Exchange. And then also Symantec Antivirus Filtering for MS Exchange but this works in Exchange 2000 only. I use Norton AV for MS Exchange and it works pretty ok actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back