Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

virus alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev1322

MIS
May 27, 2003
US
Is there a way for Epolicy 3.0 to get an alert when machines on the network get a viurs?

You could use AlertManager to send an email to a specified address every time that event occurs but this could possibly be alot ... ALOT ... of emails. Don't forget, adware/spyware is considered a virus to VirusScan. So if there is alot of adware/spyware on computers in your network you're gonna know about that too.

Thanks. I certainly don't need a lot of emails.

Yes, It is a lot of emails.
We had a Nachi outbreak and I got something like 300 emails a day including all the "Joke" programs and spyware.

Not so good, although we are going to implement an automatic call logging system to our support desk using defined rules, so for the time being I just put up with it.

With Alert Manager, you don't necessarily have to use e-mail for alerting. We use a combo of e-mail and network message pop-up alerts. That way if our e-mail server is taken offline due to a virus outbreak, we still get the alerts by pop-up messages.

You could use only the network message alerts if that is better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back