Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtualizing Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
Does anyone know if it is possible to virtualize the Call Pilot Server?
We have a 1005r at Rls 5.
Thanks.

Not as far as I know because a Dongle is required to make the system work. You would have no place to plug it in on a virtual machine.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

We have virtualised some servers in the past that require dongles for licensing. We have used a Belkin F5L009. Basically it’s a box with USB ports and an Ethernet port. You run a piece of software on your server that connects to the USB over the network. You can set it to auto connect on start-up. There is a more expensive solution but the name of it escapes me at the moment.

My guess that you probably can't virtualize CP 5, because the Avaya software, patches, and service packs are so tied to the base hardware - RAID drivers, licensing dongles and DSX30 interfacing. However, with the virtualization technology Avaya is using on the Aura platform (XEN, and now VMware), it will come. Eventually.

But if I am correct, the USB port for the dongles is specific. The system wants to see the dongle on a particular USB port. I have found this by NOT having it in the right port.

Callpilot Server dosen't support Virtualization. Web server does support VMWare for callpilot manager/reporter. [link Link

Callpilot Server dosen't support Virtualization. Web server does support VMWare for callpilot mCallpilot Server dosen't support Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back