Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtualized Voicemail Pro Server R10.1 - Server Requirements 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

I have a Client that will be hosting their own Voicemail Pro R10.1 in the cloud, and I cannot seem to find a R10.1 Document that outlines the System Requirements for the install and any other things pertinent to Virtualization of the Server. We will be doing all of the programming - I just need to provide them with System Requirements. Can someone point me in the correct direction.

The: Administering Avaya IP Office™ Platform Voicemail Pro R10.1 does not outline the above.

Virtual requirements are the same as physical requirements. Look in Knowledgebase under Application server requirements-

Processor

Minimum- Intel 64-bit Dual Core 2.4GHz

Recommended- Intel Pentium 64-bit Quad Core 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 4000+ or equivalent.

RAM Memory
4GB

Hard Disk Space
30GB

•Voicemail Pro requires 0.5MB per minute for messages, prompts and announcements. Each user and group mailbox is limited to up to 30MBs (1 hour).

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

If it's Application Server there are specific requirements for virtualized servers.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Jannie-
My bad. You are technically correct. However, as a baseline, following the physical server will work for most cases.

"The standard IP Office virtual machine assumes 4 virtual CPUs, 3072MB RAM and a 100GB hard disk. However, the resources actually allocated should be adjusted to meet the intended role of the virtual machine and to optimize the use of the virtual server platform's available resources, especially if it is supporting multiple virtual machines."

Ageis- You'd better follow the knowledgebase specs for Server Edition- Virtual Server- IP Office Application server. This will show you the modifications to the specs based on users.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

Andhee: Would this be under "VMware Virtual Machines"?

VM_t9nrbk.jpg

I always struggle to find this =)

It on the same page you included but under "IP Office Linux Server Virtualization" and "Profiling".

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back