Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtualized Enviroment Deployment with or without Virtual Application Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya770

Programmer
Apr 11, 2007
US
Hello all! i am playing around with a total virtual environment and trying to deploy with and without the virtual application manager. so far ive just tried CM but still need to AES, SMGR, SM, Utility, SAL, WebLM. seems to work fine either way but....my question is this. is there truly a need to use the virtual deployment ova or can i do them all manually. coming from a VMWare background its just easier to me and im not really seeing any advantages. anyone have any insight on this and if its needed?

Thanks!

I've done just AES and SMGR and didn't use it. It was fine.

Definitely there are advantages.. first of all you are going to save time as you won't be installing System Platform, and you will save yourself handful of hardware resources.
let me give you an example a CM with system platform (Not virtual), you need minimum of 8 GB RAM, but if you go for the VAPP you only need 4 GB to start.

Not just that, you also have freedom in assigning resources to you VMs.

Hi Guys. Could you help me please to set a WebLM via VMware Player? So I can build my lab. When I'm about to install this, I'm stuck on EULA part which is blank and whenever I click "Agree", nothing happens. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back